Inventory & Purchasing Manager
Job Type: Full time
Location: Merton Business Park, Foxholes Road, Leicester, LE3 1TH
Start Date: ASAP (Subject to notice periods)
Hours: 35 hours per week – Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm
INVENTORY & PURCHASING MANAGER
We have an exciting opportunity for the right person to play an integral part in the further growth of our Company. Ensuring that stock is planned, purchased, delivered on time and within budget is vital for the business. We need an energetic thinker who can manage the Team from a data first perspective to ensure stock integrity, quality control and service delivery are company wide priorities.
A chance to implement your own ideas inside a constantly growing organisation, whilst running your own Team to ensure quality, consistency and innovation are at the forefront of the business.
This company, over a 40-year period, has grown from strength to strength. We pride ourselves on developing, producing and delivering reliable, quality cleaning and hygiene products and innovations. Creating better solutions for our clients in an increasingly demanding world, where everyone’s duty of care needs to be delicately balanced with financial prudence and a desire to exceed customer satisfaction.
This is a fantastic opportunity in a fast paced, challenging role where you will be able to make a positive impact on the business and be well recognised for your achievements.
As Inventory & Purchasing Manager you will be part of the MGUK Senior Management Team reporting to the Managing Director.
To be considered for this position you will: –
- Have experience in an Inventory & Purchasing management role, preferably within the Cleaning & Hygiene industry.
- Understand the importance of stock integrity and inventory responsibility.
- Have overseen Inventory & Purchasing activities across the business.
- Be commercially aware and engaged with market activity.
- Have well-developed, strong negotiating skills.
- Be well versed in Supplier management for optimum Company benefit.
- Be a strategic thinker with an excellent solution driven skillset
- Have an ability to work at pace whilst demonstrating attention to detail.
- Be highly accomplished with data management, reporting and analytical techniques.
Other requirements: –
- Skills in Microsoft Office applications and an ability to adapt to new systems.
- Sound administration and management skills.
- An effective Team player with interpersonal skills.
- A willingness to learn, improve and adapt.
- Ability to work under pressure and to be self-motivated.
In return we offer: –
- Positive opportunity for career advancement.
- Sustained employment with a progressive Company.
- An interesting and varied job in a friendly working environment.
- Training opportunities for self-development.
- Pension Scheme.
- Free car parking.
- Staff discounts.
- 28 days annual leave (increasing over time) plus Christmas shutdown.
Download a copy of the full job description as PDF here – TO FOLLOW
How to Apply:
To be considered for this role, please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com or alternatively send to The Personnel Department, Merton Group, Merton Business Park, Foxholes Road, Leicester LE3 1TH.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES