Class 2 Driver
Job Type: Full time permanent position.
Closing Date: 30th March 2018
Location: Merton Business Park, Foxholes Road, Leicester, LE3 1TH
Salary: £20,546 per annum
Hours: 45 hours per week working Monday to Friday 6.00am to 3:30pm.
Start Date: TBC (subject to notice periods)
Class 2 Distribution Driver
Completing deliveries to varied customers across the UK our drivers are the public face of Merton. They embody our values of customer service, on time, in full with a smile and a helping hand. They take responsibility for the roadworthiness, safety and legality of their vehicles, driving in a courteous, considerate and fuel efficient manner.
To be considered for this position you will:
- Hold a minimum of Category C driving licence, digital tachograph card and up to date DQC.
- Have experience driving up to 18 tonne rigid, curtain sided commercial vehicles.
- Complete occasional overnight stopovers.
- Have extensive experience of multi drop deliveries.
- Be presentable, reliable and physically fit.
- Have a good understanding of legal requirements regarding tachographs and driving hours and working time requirements.
- Have 2 years minimum class 2 driving experience.
- Have a very customer focused attitude.
In return we offer:
- Sustained employment with a progressive Company
- An interesting and varied job
- A Friendly working environment
- Free corporate workwear and PPE
- Free car parking
- Staff discounts
- Company Pension
Download a copy of the full job description as PDF here – Distribution Driver Jan 2018
To apply for this position please forward your CV and covering letter to email@example.com or alternatively send to The Personnel Department, Merton Group, Merton Business Park, Foxholes Road, Leicester LE3 1TH.
No agencies please.