Group Purchasing Manager
Job Type: Full time
Location: Merton Business Park, Foxholes Road, Leicester, LE3 1TH
Start Date: TBC (Subject to notice periods)
Closing Date: 22 January 2021
Hours: 35 hours per week – Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm
GROUP PURCHASING MANAGER
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the right person to play an integral part in the further growth of our UK business and stamp their own mark on the purchasing strategies going forward. On offer is the chance to implement your own ideas, whilst running your own team to ensure quality, consistency and innovation are at the forefront of the business.
This Company, over a 40-year period, has grown from strength to strength. We pride ourselves on developing, producing and delivering reliable, quality cleaning and hygiene products and innovations whilst investing in the latest technologies to help drive us forward.
We are proud to be able to offer opportunities for our employees to develop their careers long term and this is a fantastic opportunity in a fast paced, challenging role where you will be able to make a positive impact on the business and be recognised for your achievements.
To be considered for this position you will: –
- Have at least 3 years’ experience in a Purchasing management role preferably within the Cleaning & Hygiene industry.
- Have overseen purchasing activities across the business and ensured the Purchasing Team are fully trained.
- Planned, implemented and improved Purchasing strategies.
- Be commercially aware with well-developed negotiating skills.
- Be a strategic thinker with excellent solution finding skills
- An ability to work at pace whilst demonstrating brilliant attention to detail.
- Be highly accomplished with data management, reporting and analytical techniques.
Other requirements: –
- Skills in Microsoft Office applications and ability to adapt to new systems.
- Sound administration skills.
- An effective team player with interpersonal skills.
- A willingness to learn, improve and adapt.
- Ability to work under pressure and to be self-motivated.
In return we offer: –
- Positive opportunity for career advancement.
- Sustained employment with a progressive Company.
- An interesting and varied job in a friendly working environment.
- Excellent training for self-development.
- Free car parking.
- Staff discounts.
Download a copy of the full job description as PDF here – Group Purchasing Manager – November 2020
How to Apply:
To be considered for this role, please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively send to The Personnel Department, Merton Group, Merton Business Park, Foxholes Road, Leicester LE3 1TH.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES