Job Type: Full Time Permanent Position
Closing Date: January 24th
Head Office Location: Merton Business Park, Foxholes Road, Leicester, LE3 1TH
Salary: Negotiable (depending on experience)
Start Date: Immediate (subject to notice periods)
Graphic Designer & Marketing Co-ordinator
Merton Group UK Ltd are an expanding company. To ensure we can maintain the progression we have started we need to continue to invest in our infrastructure.
We need someone –
- Creatively minded with Graphic Design and Marketing experience to join Merton Group’s in-house Design and Marketing Team.
- Who is comfortable generating their own ideas and concepts and able to develop these into beautifully designed marketing and promotional content. Attention to detail will be required.
- Who can work effectively on existing projects and in some cases, take the reins, completing work to the same standards and style as already set out.
- To maintain, promote and develop the MGUK brand.
- To assist in the production of a range of printed and digital materials, including; brochures, leaflets, company advertisements, packaging, labels, exhibition materials, presentations and support materials for our Sales team, Management Team and Customer base.
- With knowledge of print processes and experience of artworking print ready files. The ideal candidate is expected to assist in the preparation and submission of artwork files to a range of print, packaging and large format print suppliers.
- Capable of organising their own workload. The ability to prioritise designs and projects for completion is essential.
- With the essential knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop. Experience using additional Adobe or other creative software would be a distinct advantage.
- Who can handle the challenges of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Who understands and expands upon the key concepts of marketing and sales.
As a Graphic Designer, you will report to the Design & Marketing Controller.
Other experience we will consider as beneficial –
- Traditional web design (CSS, HTML(s), visual/image content) and WordPress/Template driven features.
- Social Media’s for business purposes.
- SEO and relevant management tools (Google Analytics, Search Console).
- eMarketing and Email automation.
- Writing sales copy for both web and print.
Key Points –
Essential skills include knowledge of the following computer programs:
- Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Microsoft Word
Ideally the successful candidate should be able to demonstrate knowledge of the following programs:
- Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint
In return we offer:
- An opportunity to be an integral part of a forward-thinking team
- A spacious well-equipped air-conditioned office
- iMac equipped workstation
- Sustained employment with a progressive Company
- An interesting and varied job in a friendly working environment
- Excellent training for self-development
- 28 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays
- Free car parking
- Staff discounts
Download a copy of the full job description as PDF here – To Follow
If you would like to learn more about who MGUK are, and what we do, please watch our short introduction animation available here.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position please forward your CV and covering letter together with a small sample of work (2 -3 page PDF) to email@example.com or alternatively send to The Personnel Department, Merton Group, Merton Business Park, Foxholes Road, Leicester LE3 1TH.
Strictly no agencies.