Purchasing Department Administrator
Job Type: Full time
Location: Merton Business Park, Foxholes Road, Leicester, LE3 1TH
Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 31st January 2020
Hours: 35 hours per week – Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm
PURCHASING DEPARTMENT ADMINISTRATOR
Working within the Purchasing Team, you will be responsible for the smooth running of the busy Purchasing Department, so organisational and multi-tasking skills are a must. This role is specifically intended for an effective administrator who shows the potential to develop purchasing skills with training.
Merton Group UK Ltd requires an organised, enthusiastic person with an eye for detail within our busy Purchasing department. The role is varied and will include :-
- Following training, raising and processing computerised purchase orders to suppliers to maintain the flow of stock into the company.
- Ensuring the purchasing computer system is kept up to date.
- Progress deliveries to completion.
- Displaying self confidence in communication skills to pursue suppliers for information as required by the Purchasing Team.
- Showing determination to ensure that suppliers give the information requested and to pursue until satisfied.
- Liaising with many of the other Merton Group UK departments, showing effective communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- To assist in dealing with issues related to deliveries, customer complaints and customer additional information as required by the Purchasing Team.
- To assist with the production of figures and reports as requested.
- General administrative tasks and office duties.
- Experience in a busy administration environment essential
- Experience in Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Experience in creating and using Excel spreadsheets
- Excellent organisational skills
- Effective communicator both verbally and in writing
- Good eye for detail
- A willingness to learn – full training on offer
In return we offer:
- A competitive salary
- 28 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays
- A responsible job which is interesting and varied
- A friendly working environment
- Opportunity for career advancement
- Free Car Parking
Download a copy of the full job description as PDF here – To follow
To be considered for this role, please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com or alternatively send to The Personnel Department, Merton Group, Merton Business Park, Foxholes Road, Leicester LE3 1TH.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES