Warehouse & Logistics Shift Team Leader
Job Type: Full time
Location: Merton Business Park, Foxholes Road, Leicester, LE3 1TH
Closing Date: 24th January 2020
Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours: 45 hours per week. The shift pattern is on a two week rotation where week one you will be working 6.00am – 3.30pm and week two will be 8.30am – 6.00pm
WAREHOUSE & LOGISTICS SHIFT TEAM LEADER
Merton Group UK Ltd are a long established and successful manufacturer and distributor based in Leicester. We are looking for people who can –
- Generate a culture with a can-do attitude to deliver results for customers.
- Have previous success within a hands-on, autonomous manual warehouse/logistics capacity.
- Believe that communication is the key to success within a managerial role.
Due to continued success and further expansion we are now seeking additional Warehouse & Logistics Shift Team Leaders. The role is excitingly varied and will require an experienced and talented operational professional with proven capabilities in managing and developing a Warehouse and Logistics team. The successful individual will understand the importance of exceeding customer expectations and be a person who can lead a team and inspire a commitment to deliver exceptional service.
Role & Responsibilities of the Warehouse & Logistics Shift Team Leader –
- A good geographical knowledge of the UK for delivery route planning.
- Manage teams to develop and motivate staff within Warehousing and Logistics.
- Manage the departmental relationships with a focus on cohesion and synergy.
- Work closely with all departments to ensure that account execution exceeds customer expectations.
- Maximise profitable business through efficiencies and improvements.
- Ensure all elements of H&S as well as ISO9001 and ISO14001 compliances are rooted throughout the Company.
- Be creative, adaptable and flexible.
- Driven and focused to exceed KPI targets, contribute towards the Company’s objectives and develop their departments within a rewarding and challenging environment.
About You as the Warehouse & Logistics Shift Team Leader –
- Extensive experience and a thorough understanding of how to successfully lead a team and more importantly develop Warehousing and Logistics departments.
- Well developed organisational capabilities managing change and motivating others.
- The ability to execute operational strategy within budget.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong commercial acumen and business awareness.
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Strong influencing and good problem solving skills.
- Decisive judgment and evaluation skills.
- Intelligent and articulate with high levels of critical reasoning.
- Highly motivated, able to measure operational effectiveness.
- Quality orientated.
- Innovative and creative.
- An effective team player with interpersonal skills.
- A pragmatic problem solver with a hands-on mentality.
In return we offer:
- 28 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays
- Sustained employment with a progressive Company
- Excellent training for self-development
- A Friendly working environment
- Free car parking
- Staff discounts
Download a copy of the full job description as PDF here – To follow.
To be considered for this varied role, please email your C.V and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively post it to the Personnel Department, Merton Group UK Ltd, Foxholes Road, Leicester, LE3 1TH.
No agencies please.